Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Racing Updates

This blog is a racing update on some races that I have done. I know it has been a while since I bloged and I am back

Marquette Twilight
The first outdoor track meet was The Marquette Twilight where I ran the 5K. This meet was close only about 20-30 mins. away in Milwaukee. I got to run with The Marquette Guys in the ran and in the warjm-up & coo down. The weather was the worst yet cause it was in the high 30s/low 40s. I got a time of 19:48 and it wasn't my best time and it wasn't my worst.


WIAC Conference Meet Day 1
I didn't run in this meet I just went to watch the meet and see my distance running buddies race. I went to the meet cause I was to run in The Wisconsin Open the next day in Madison and it was closer drive to get to the meet but you had to have a qualifying time to get into The Wisconsin Open Track Meet so I ran the 5K at Carroll University Invite #2

Carroll University Invite #2
Carroll is always the closest meet for me, about 7-10 mins depending on the lights, but I as in Whitewater for The WIAC Conference Meet so it was longer like 45 mins. I ran the 5K with two Carroll runs fighting for who was going to run the 5K at The Midwest Conference Meet The next week and in the 5K I got a 10 second pr, 19:29 and I was stoked.

Augustana Last Chance Meet
My next meet was a week after I took a week off of racing. The reason that I took a week off of racing on the track was cause I was in Madison, Wi for The Big Ten Outdoor Track Championships. I ran the 5K here and I got a pr of 17 second, 19:17, and I am getting close to going sub-19 in the 5K. This meet was the furthest away cause it was 3 hour and 30 mins. away and I got back home at 2 am on Saturday and the meet started at 2:30 for field events and 5 for track events

No comments:

Post a Comment