Friday, April 6, 2012

Carroll University Invite

My second meet of the outdoor season was last weekend and it was Carroll University Invite. This was a great meet for me cause it was 10K season opener for me, it was not only Carroll University Invite but it was Alumni Invite as well. It was cool to see 6 distance, 1 sprinting and 2 field event alumni come back to compete in this week. The race of the meet was the 10K cause a lot of guys, about 8 guys including me, were in the race & they combined the 10K with the men & women in the race. The 10K race was mostly made up of Carroll Runners, Carroll Alumnis & another runners from different College and we called it A 10K Party cause there were so many Carroll Runners & 2 Alumnis including me as one of the Alumni. This 10K was just a fun race to run in cause I didn't feel like I was racing against competion but running against family and we that I almost got a 3 minute pr in the 10K. My time was 40:40.40 and I am not lieing about that time it is the real finish for me. Today I have my next meet, Rex Foster Invite on UW-Whitewater Outdoor Track where I will be running the 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment