Thursday, April 25, 2013

UW-Platteville Invite/Wisconsin Luther Invite

This blog is about two different meets in the weekend. I was to run at one meet but got to run at the other.

I was to run at the UW-Platteville Meet in the 10K, only if the 10K was combined, bt they cancelled the 10K cause I was the only one running in the 10K. So, I tried to get into either the Steeplechase or 5K. They said that they wouldn't run a slow heat of the Steeplechase which I understand. Then in the 5K they said that I was too slow for the slow heat cause they guys in the first & second heat were in the 15-16 minutes for the 5K. I didn't unbderstand why they just let me run the 5K cause they had just droped 40-45 minutes off the schulede and they just couldn't let someone who ran about 2 and half to 3 minutes slow in the 5K into the 5K but one heat of the 100, 200 and/or 400 last about 2-3 minutes cause of the Ready, Set, Go. Then I saw the Results and the last guys in the 5K was 17:26 and my seed time was 19:07 and that got me mad that I didn't get to run the 5K at UW-Platteville Meet.

On the other hand, I went to the Wisconsin Luther Invite thinking I was going there to watch the meet and not run in the meet. But I got to run into the meet thanks to The Carroll Cocah, Coach "T," and my GMTC Coach Ken Woodall I got to run the 5K. I wasn't ready for the 5K cause of how cold it was and I get a time of 19:49

No comments:

Post a Comment