Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Body Issues

I'm back to do a blog that is a serious blog about myself & after reading UCLA Distance Runner JP Slater's blog it really got to me cause it was about body issues. Why it got to me is because it wasn't from a women's point of view but from a man's point of view. We only hear the women's point of thing & JP Slater does an amazing job with his blog to say that not only do women have body issues but men do as well. JP talks about body issue from the stand point of being to skinny but where we differ is that my body issue is that I think that I'm fat even though I am about 130 lbs. just cause I don't look like what a distance runner should look like & can't look at myself in the mirror. Cause of my body issue I have thought about giving up distance running & been thinking what do I mean to the world of distance running. I bet a lot of you are maybe thinking that I'm wrong to think that 130 lbs is fat but I think that is I stay at this weight but get more fit I think I run better, faster & feel better about myself. Also, do you know the reason that I started Face In Hole pics & don't have a lot of pic on social media of myself is cause I don't like the way I look in this body. This is been a hard blog to write cause I can say what I am about this topic but it hard to write down what you are thinking.

2 comments:

  1. Derek, these things bother a lot of people. You're not alone. Love who you are. You owe that to yourself. It's what you think of yourself that matters, not what others think... Imagine a world in which Derek Rubis' body is the ideal, the statue David. Thing is, it's true if you believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this.

    ReplyDelete