Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I feel like a Failure

After last night I felt I should write a blog about myself. You guys and gals know that I am know as the Hub of Distance Runing but I feel like I am a Failure in the world of distance running. The reason I am saying that is cause last night of my friend distance running world have moved up in the distance running world. Chris Chavez is going from working at Flotrack to ESPN and Isaac Wood is now full time for Flotrack. The reason I am saying this is cause I am The Hub of Distance Running and I feel like I haven 't done enough for the world of distance running world just cause people just say I am just a super fan of distance running. I think that I am more than just super fan I REALLY want to change the world of Distance Running for the better and I feel I can't do it just being who people think of me, Super Fan of Distance Running. For those people who just think that I am just a Superfan of Distance Running I am also a volunteer coach for a DIII University, Carroll University, for XC and Distance Event for track and not getting paid for doing this & I am there for 5 days a week cause I can't travel with the team on race day I would ave drive myself to meets and that I'd just WRONG and on race day I run for Greater Milwaukee Track Club aka GMTC against DI, DII & DIII college. On my bucket list to move up in the distance running world is to work for Flotrack, or be paid assistant coach for either: Texas A & M, U of Washington, Northern Arizona, UW-Oshkosh or UW-Steven Point, be the cover story on Runner's World & Running Time Magazine & have a one contract with my #BrooksBeastTakeOver Family. After yesterday when I put up it as my Facebook Status people were writing comments to that made me feel a little better but I really wanted to get all my words out why I think I am a Failure in the distance running world.

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel that way, Rubis. We're all out to grow the sport for people like you. No one supports the athletes more than you. Keep up what you're doing, buddy. You're impact on the sport is much greater than you may think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's get real here. Rubis, you're never going to be a paid assistant coach for any program, much less one of the marquee ones that you listed. You don't have a knowledge of training theory. From what I've seen of your training you pretty much just run mileage and try your own versions of "Workout Wednesdays" posted on Flotrack. A coach needs to be able to create individualized training plans to get the most out of his athletes. You don't have the scientific background to be able to do this. Also, you lack the necessary communication skills. This blog post is full of terrible sentence structure and parts of it almost require a translator. If a recruit got a letter written by you they'd laugh and throw it away, and other coaches would be extremely frustrated trying to communicate with you for meet management or other purposes. This is also why you'll never be a paid employee of Flotrack. You couldn't write a coherent article. You do a good job of criticizing NBC after track meets for not showing distance races in their entirety, but you lack the cognitive ability to really analyze what happened in a race. People aren't going to just give you money, Rubis, because you like track. You have to be able to add something to what they're doing, and frankly you just don't have that ability. Stick with your twitter and your facebook account, and keep banging out those miles in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derek don't listen to this clown. You're an inspiration to tons of athletes, coaches, and journalists and are growing in popularity and impact. As your array of knowledge expands and you grow your craft, people notice and your recognition increases. Just keep doing what you're doing and networking, and you're going to do more for this sport than you know. We're with you!

      Delete
    2. Derek Don't list to Jim. You can accomplish anything you set your mind too. You are an inspiration.

      Delete
  3. With my volunteer assistant coaching for DIII Carroll University I do there workout cause I also am racing in the indoor & outdoor track season

    ReplyDelete