Friday, February 24, 2012

UW-Platteville Invite

On Feb. 11th I ran the 5K & 3K at UW-Platteville aka Nike Invite. You might be think why did I run the 3K & 5K at the same meet well I run both the 3K & 5K at UW-Platteville Invite every year.

The first event was the 5K and was thinking as I was the starting line here we go again I will be last place and I will be in the 20 mintues. Then as I was running the race I lap seem to get faster and faster, in my mind. Another thing happened in the race that I passed someone in the race and during the race I lapped the same guy. As I was passing & lapping the guy I thought to myself I might have a chance to get a pr and get sub-20 mins. At the end of the race I was so happy cause I did get sub-20 minutes and a pr. My time was 19:52. I was one of my best races cause a week before at Pointer Invite in Stevens Point I got a time of 20:40 in the 5K

The second race of the day for me was 3K and I saw the same guy that I passed and lapped in the 5K in this race and I feel better about this race but I didn't get the time and pr I wanted. What was funny is that the number I got was 11 and we had to wear our race numbers on our left chest and side of our hip so the number was the time I really want 11:11 and it would have been a 8 second pr, but I got a time of 11:32. The guys that was in the 5K I passed but I almost lapoped him but I was finishing the race and he was on the last lap of the 3K race.

All in all I thought it was a great two race at UW-Platteville Invite

No comments:

Post a Comment