Sunday, February 19, 2012

UW-Whitewater Tri Invite

This weird to blog about a track meet that I didn't run and that when to go watch. The UW-Whitewater Tri Invite was a meet that I went and watch and din't run cause I was running the next day in the 3K & 5K at UW-Platteville Invite, which I will blog about in my next blog. Driving to the meet was an adventure in it self. The reason I say this is cause I was driving to UW-Whitewater College in a little snow storm thought the country side with a lot of winding roads. The teams that were at the meet was Stevens Point, Oshkosh & Whitewater. There was to be a four team to mak it a Quad Invite but La Crosse went to St. Mary's Invite Track Meet. It was interesting for me going to a track meet and just watching cause I wanted to run in a race and knew I couldn't cause I had to run the next day at Platteville. When I got there the Oshkosh guys team had something for me from Nick Newcomer & I was thinking another signed singlet or I don't know what. It was Nick Newcomer's old warm-up Oshkosh jacket from him and that was so cool of Nick. to do that for me. I way of race that happened that day there were some great race like the Men's 3K, Women's 3K, Men's 800, Men' mile, but the race of the night was Women's 800. The reason I say that is cause there was a facility record in the race by Christy Cazzola with a time 2:09.80. The meet was great

No comments:

Post a Comment