Friday, February 24, 2012

Eastbay Invite

My lastest meet was Eastbay Invite in Stevens Point at UW-Stevens Point on Feb. 18th, where I ran the 5K & 3K a double again after I ran the double the week before at UW-Platteville Invite.

The first event was the 5K at 10:30. The time is important cause I had more down time between races. I got to the line and thought like I did in the 5K the week before that I was going to last in the race and that I wouldn't get sub-20 minutes. I also, thought that that pr of 19:52 was a fluke, but as the race was going on I felt fast and I was getting passed and lapped but I held off one guy for about 2 laps from lapping me. After the race I heard from one of the coacheds that he was 19:45 and that would have been a pr for me but I thought they were talking about their runner that was in the race. So I had to wait for the result to find out what my time was cause I was in Section 2 and there was Section 1 to be run about an hour to an hour and half later. After Section 1 of the 5K was done I quickly made to over to see what the results were and I got sub-20 mins agains and I was jumping up and down cause I got a 7 seconds pr of 11:45.
The second event was the 3K again and it was run at 4:54 so I had a lot of down time not last last week at UW-Platteville Invite. I only had 3 hours and this time I had 6 hours in between race. I got to the line and thought here we goagin and I will be last place again but I saw the guy who I passed & lapped in the 5K & 3K at UW-Platteville Meet was in the race so I was a little bit more happy. I passed the guys in the race and beat by 16 seconds but I didn't get a time that I wanted but I think it was cause I was a little hurt and cause I had just ran my second race of the day, a hard double to boot. I got a time of 11:30.

This week is a big race for me cause I only am running the 3K at Illinois Club Relays but the place that I am running it at is BIG TIME. I am running at University of Illinois, this is totally BIG TIME

No comments:

Post a Comment