Monday, March 5, 2012

Illinois Club Relay

On Feb. 25 I ran the 3K at Illinois Club Relays and it was ran at Univeristy of Illinois. To me this was too cool cause the only two DI Colleges that I ran at where Wisconsin and Indiana University. I just ran a lap on the banked track at Indiana University. I didn't know what the track would look like and I was hoping that it was a banked track so that I can finally say that I truely ran on a banked track but it wasn't a banked track. It was a normal track like any other indoor track. The coolest thing abut the place was that it wasn't called an Indoor Tack and Field as you can see by the photo it was called The Armory Track and Floor. Now onto the race.

Illinois Club Relay is just for Track & Field Clubs around the midwest. I ran the 3K and it was amazing cause there was 5 sections of the 3K. I was more nevrous than I ever been before cause I am used to race with runners with seed time in the 9-10 minutes but in this race I was around guys with about the same seed times as me. During the race two thing happened that never happened to me in a race I was blocked in and I was in the middle of the pack. I end up laping a guy and passing a guy in  the race to become 3 to last in the race and I am usally last in a race. Also, in the race I got a pr of 11:16, it was a 3 second pr and closer to my indoor goal of getting 11:11. I knew I had just one more indoor race of the season and I knew I could maybe get that 11:11 at Pointer Qualifier the next week

No comments:

Post a Comment