Thursday, March 8, 2012

Olympic Track Trials UPDATE!!!

This blog is an UPDATE!!! on what is happening to me with The Olympic Track Trails. I bet you guys are wondering if I am going or not where in this blog I will tell you.

First of all you all know there is a facebook group called, "Let's Send Derek Rubis to the Olympic Trials" and donations went to the website, RunSetUp.com . When I got the first check from RunSetUp it was for $500 dolloars and I got my tickets for the 8 days of trials. It was $475 dollars for Section U Row 6 Seat 6 for all 8 days. I thought that was crazy compaired to other sporting events like the playoff for basketball & football the ticket cost over 1,000 dollars or more so I got a bargain for 8 days. Second thing is plane tickets to the Trials and I am getting them for both my birthday and christmas combine so all I need is a place to say and I am hoping it at one of the Oregon guys, former or current distance runners, place. Also, thing that is crazy is Keith Brumund-Smith, whoi started the facebook group, hope me with a few other things as well. The first thing is I will be doing is Video Blog every nite after that at the trials for Runnerspace. The second thing was to be that First to the Finish was to fligh me to the Trials if I wore First To The Finish Gear but that fell through and will not happen but Keith is working on something else. Keith is working out with VS Athletic if I wear there hats they might chip in a couple hundred buck into the dontation. Lastly, today I got the second check for $508.69 dollars. I hope to Update you more as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment