Friday, July 27, 2012

Distance Runners Olympic Ones To Watch

Today The Olympics are here with The Opening Ceremonies tonight so I thought I would tell you my picks for the distance runners to watch along with a decathlon guy and one field event person. I am doing this cause the sports media and the media in general will not put these people on the Olympic Track athletes to watch so I am.

800 Meters

There is only one guy that I think you should watch out for and that is Mr. Nick Symmonds and I think he will get a medal, no doubt about that one
One the wome's side there is one person that you should watch and it is the Flower Child Alysia Montano

1500
For the US, I think, the man to watch is Leo Manzano one of the coolest guys in distance running. Also, I think that he will get a bronze medal
For the international flavor, New Zealand flavor, I think you guys should watch out for The New Zealand Flag Bearer at the Opening Ceremonies, Nick Willis. I think the Kenyans better watch out cause, I think, he will beat the Kenyans to the finish line and get a Gold Medal
One the women's side, I think, that there is only women to watch is my girl, Shannon Rowbury. She is a darkhorse in the 1500 meters but I love darkhorse and think that the underdog will win and she will get a bronze medal,in my eyes

Steeplechase
There is only one person that I think you should watch in the Men's Steeplechase and it is Evan Jager. Why I am saying this is cause he is not the American Steeplechase Record Holder. I think that he will beat his American Record two more time in the Semi-Finals & Finals on his way to a bronze medal
I have two people to watch in the Women's Steeplechase and they are Steeplechase teammates of mine all of us coached by 2008 Steeplechase Olympian Billy Nelson. They are Emma Corburn & Shalaya Kipp & I think they both will get medals.

5K
This is the only guy to watch in two events, 5K & 10K, is Galen Rupp and I hope he gets a medal in both events along with his training parnter Mo Farah
There are two women in the 5K and they are Julie Culley and Molly Huddle are ones to watch. I think, my Saucony teammate Molly Huddle will be a darkhorse and get a medal.

10K
I think all three USA 10K guys: Galen Rupp, Matt Tegenkamp & Dathan Ritzenhein are the one to watch
I think the biggest underdog of the USA Distance Team is Amy Hasting and she will surprise everyone with a bronze medal in the 10K

Marathon
Two in the Marathon to watch are Ryan Hall & Shalane Flanagan  and I think they both will get silver medals

Decathlon
Need I say more who is the one to watch in the Decathlon and it is "The Jacked One" Trey Hardee

High Jump
The one to watch in the high jump is the very funny Brigetta Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment