Sunday, July 8, 2012

Top 12 Olympic Trials Races

I'm back and the next two blogs will be The Olympic Track Trials that were in Eugene, Oregon and they will be my view of the 12 best races and field events and then the second blog will be my 17 favorite moment that happened at The Olympic Track Trials. Let's start this thing off right with my view of the 12 best track races and field events

12. Women's High Jump
The reason this up here is if you show it live it everything from a high schooler to Lowe dance after making the height & Brigetta Barrettis celebrating after making two of her heights which were PRs for her

11. Men's Decathlon
I bet everyone think that this should be higher just cause of Ashton Eaton's World Record but I put it on here cause Trey Hardee's peformance after having Tom Jons Sugery

10. Men's 5K
This race is not higher cause we all know who the three guys were going to be that were going to The Olympic in the 5K but we didn't know that Galen Rupp was going to run the Men's 5K Final and break Steve "Pre" Prefontaine's 5K rercord

9. Women's 1500
Just like the Men's 5K we already know two of the three women that were going to The Olympics in the 1500, Jenny Simpson & Shannon Rowbury. This is a race that I want two darkhorses to make it so that this could be a shocker of a race. I wanted Sara Vaughn & Gabriele Andersen to make it with Shannon Rowbury just to shock the crowd.

8. Women's 10K
Just an amazing race to watch live without commericals and them going to the field events

7. Women's 800
This race was awesome and two amazing runners, Alyisa Montano & Geena Gall got into but the shocker was that Maggie Vessey didn't get in. Maggie Vessey not going to The Olympic is one of my shockers of The Trials. The biggest shocker was in the Men's Steeplechase

6. Women's Steeplechase
Amazing race cause two Colorado Runners, Emma Coburn & Kipp, are going to the Olympic and they are coached by another guy who tried to get into the Olympic in the Steeplechase and my new Coach, Billy Nelson. The third women should have been Stephaine Garica, who I think is an amazing Steeplechase

5. Men's 10K
This was Galen Rupp's punch card to The Olympic but why I like this race is for two reasons. Reason one is that my bro, Matt Tegenkamp, made it to The Olympics. Reason two is that Dathan Ritzenhein got The Olympic 'A' Standard in this race that he need to go to The Olympics

4. Men's 800
This race should be called The Nick Symmonds 800 cause if he is the race he almost always wins the Men's 800 but it was great to see my Saucony Team member, Duane Solomon, getting into The Olympic cause he is one of the nicest guys on the track ever

3. Men's 1500
This finals was amazing cause you didn't know who the top three where going to be going to The Olympics until the last lap. The whole stadium expect me wanted a Oregon Sweep cause if that happened the Oregon Coach would have shaved off his stache, but I really wanted Will Leer to go after two of my original picks to go didn't make it. The two guys were A.J. Acosta & John Jefferson.

2. Women's 5K
The reason that this race is so high is cause of the finish and Juila Lucas not going to The Olympic, which she should have, after been in the top three for most of the race. The other reason being that Juila Lucas' husband Ian Dobson had to run in the Men's 5K Finals right after the Women's 5K Finals

1. Men's Steeplechase
This race is number one cause of a shocker in this race. The shocker is that Billy Nelson & Josh McAdams vertians in the Steeplechase didn't make it to The London Olympic but three new kids in the crowds: Evan Jager, Donn Cabral & Kyle Alcorn, and all three of those guys are my friends and I am proud of them

No comments:

Post a Comment