Saturday, July 21, 2012

USA Distance Olympics Medal Picks

First of all, before I talk about my Distance Medal Picks I wanted to say one thing. I wanted to say thanks to Evan Jager for getting an American Record in the Steeplechase yesterday by just a little over 2 seconds. The American Record by Dan Lincoln was set in 2006 with a time of 8:08.82 and Evan Jager jus got a 8:06.81 in just his 5th Steeplechase race ever. Now that is over just like Sport Illustraed picked there top three in every sport and event for the Olympic and I thought I would tell you who I think in the American Distance World will get a medal and what medal I think they will get.

800 Meters
Mens: Nick Symmonds, either Silver or Bronze
Female: Alysia Montano, A Bronze Medal and A Bronze Flower

1500 Meters
Mens: This is a hard one for me cause we have three great 1500 meters running in this race but it will either be Leo Manazo getting Bronze or no medal at all
Female: Shannon Rowbury, Bronze

Steeplechase
Mens: Evan Jager, Bronze but I think he will beat his American rRecord in the Semi-Finals and then again in the finals on his way to 3rd place and a Bronze Medal
Female: Emma Corburn, Silver & Shayla Kipp, Bronze, my teammate cause we are coached by the same person 2008 Steeplechase Olympian Billy Nelson

5K
Mens: Galen Rupp, Bronze
Womens: Julie Cully, Bronze

10K
Mens: Galen Rupp, Silver, right behind his training partner Mo Farah, Gold
Womens: Amy Hastings, Silver, no doubt about this one

Marathon
Mens: Ryan Hall, either Silver or Bronze
Womens: Desiree Davila, Silver and Shalane Flanagan, Bronze

Decathlon
Ashton Eaton, Gold, & one of my best friends Trey Hardee, Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment