Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best & Worst in Running of 2011

This year there has been a lot of best and worst things that happened in the of 2011 and thses are what I think are the Best and Worst things that happened in 2011 for running, the top 10 of each

Worst Of 2011
10. Other Sports/Athletes-The reason I picked this is cause of other athletes from other sports, ie major sports and spritiers make fun of us distance runners. I think, they should try our sport before making fun us

9. Celebrities as runners- why I picked this is cause at NYC Marathon the focus on them more than the American Professional Distance Runners that were in the race

8. The Sports Media-The reason I say this is cause when Wisconsin XC Team won DI XC National the Wisconsin Sports media didn't talk about as much as the Wisconsin Football Team going to The Rose Bowl, 24/7.

7. Spriting-The reason I put this on the worst list is cause when it come to Track & Field that is what they only care about not the whole track & field, which is spriting & distance events & field events

6. Let's Run-The reason being is that you can talk badly about Professional Runners that you don't like/care about even though, I think, they are jealous of them ie, Galen Rupp & Alan Webb

5. Sketcher Running Shoes- Need I say More

4. Galen Rupp Getting the 10K American Record- This is both Best and Worst. Why it is the worst is cause Chris Solinsky, who had the 10K American Record, is one of my friends

3. Aton Bolton- For say that Jesse Williams was one of his favorite World Track Championship Performance cause an American high jumper hadn't won a goal medal

2. Ciaran O’Lionaird's 5K DI Outdoor National Race-I put this at #2 cause I really wanted to see Florida State win DI Outdoor National against University of Florida. All Ciaran aka Mad_Len had to do was score for Florida

1. The Five Finger Shoes- I think that every distance runner is with me on this one & I don't need to say more

Best Of 2011
10. Flotrack.org-This is always on the best list for being the best running website on the web. Plus Ryan Craven interviewed me for video & I got onto Flotrack Live at DI XC Nationals & the highlights are DI XC Nationals. Thanks Ryan Fenton & Alex Lohr

9. EatRunSwag-This is a blog that University of Michigan Distance Runner Zachary Orlnelas, who interviewd me for his blog

8. Roommates Having Babies-I bet you are wondering why this is on the list but is about 2001 roommates Nathan Brannen having his first kid and on the same day Alan Webb announce that him and Julia were 10 weeks pregant

7. Galen Rupp's 10K American Record-this is the only one on the Best and Worst of 2011. The reason this on the best 2011 list is cause Galen showed his haters to shut up

6. RunnerSpace Live-This is on the best of 2011 list cause I got onto it and they did about 2 minutes on me

5. #takeover-You might asking me why this but cause of the #Britirishtakeover there are more #takeover popping up, ie #tallytakeover #indianatakeover #OSUtakeover #Wisconsintakeover #Stanfordtakeover #OhioStatetakeover & #Oregontakeover

4. Matthew Centro & Jenny Simpson-Winning Both a Bronze for Centro & a gold medal for Jenny Simpson

3. Trey Hardee-I think, you might be think why mTrey Hardee. The reason being that he won his 2nd World Championship Decathlon Gold Medal and he had one of the best staches in Movember



2. Ciaran O'Lionaird's Mullet-Need we say more and he has better hair than Justin Bieber

1. Wisconsin XC Team's 2011 XC Season-This is best to me cause they won there 13th Straight in a row Big Ten XC Champ, 10th Straight in a row & winning DI XC Nationals
Also my goals for 2012 is to run more miles, 1100 in the summer and overall 4000 miles for the year of 2012. Lastly, I hope Distance Running is as good in 2012 as it was in 2011 or even better in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment