Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Seventh Interview: My Bro Maverick Darling Interview

This interview which is the seventh interview is my bro/family Wisconsin's Own Maverick Darling.

1. How did you get started in running?
I got started into running by racing snowmobiles since I was 10 years old. (Just like motocross on tv, but with snowmobiles) and I needed more aerobic strength, running was about the only option. As I got older I started to realize my potential in running and how I could get an education from it.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
I tell people who don't get our sport, that running takes a lot of dedication and passion for running. As a runner you can't do this everyday if you don't love it.

3. What are you current PR's?

3k: 7:52, 5k:13:36

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
Managing being both a college student and a distance runner is probably the toughest challenge we face in college, but you have to learn to plan out your days and don't waste time.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
Favorite professional runner is Matt Tegenkamp, because he is a badger, great guy, and has had a lot of success. College runner is Matt Withrow, just spending six months with him I learned so much from him. More importantly the struggles that he overcame so quick and his drive to win. 

Great Choice with Matt Tegenkamp cause he is one amazing guy and runner all around

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
The drive to get better everyday. Worst the cold weather and how it sucks.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?

Best winning the team title in 2011 at xc, worst 46th place at 2011 xc nations, I had bit of a shorts problem. Enough said.
 Who is next for an interview you will never know. You will just have to come back to my blog and find out

No comments:

Post a Comment