Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Third Interview: The Great Diego Estrada Interview

This third interview that I get and it is an interview of The Great Diego Estrada, from Northen Arizona University, & one of the best guys you will ever meet.

1. How did you get started in running?
I wanted to play football just like any other freshman but I couldn't play to save to life and I i had to be part of a club or sport to be an honors student so i decided to take the "easy? route.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
Its not as easy as it looks, there's more to it than just jogging around a track!

3. What are you current PR's?
3:41, 13:26, 28:40 and 2:03

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
Scheduling things on my whiteboard. I tend to forget things when I am focused.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
I have a lot of runners I have looked up to since I started running, but no one compares to Craig Mottram back in his prime. I want to be as "ballsy" as he was in his prime. No excuses, and be able to enjoy the victories... basically just have fun!

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best: I can eat anything! COLD STONE!!! Worse I'm the little guy in the gym.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
2011 NCAA Indoor 5,000, finally seeing my hard work materialized after so many misses.

8. Goals for 2012?
I want to run fast, but more than that i want to make our sport exciting for the fans to enjoy! Be "ballsy" like the old Buster

Now that I have three Professional/College Distance Runners I hope you guys are liking these interviews and I hope to get more for more insight into the Distance Running World

No comments:

Post a Comment