Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa Run 5K

It as been a couple of weeks since I have blog about anything but last Saturday Dec. 10, 2011 I ran in a road race through Downtown Waukesha, WI. This race was aa 4K last year and this year it was a 5K. Also, I ran this race with a few XC/Track runners that I help coach for Carroll University. As you can see from the picture in this race you could wear costumes and the had a best costume contest award. The guys wear Christmas Trees with Oranments in special places and the girls wear candy cane and ran with canes that were candy canes. Last year three of the guys were the Three Wise Men & the other guys was Baby Jesus. The guys who was Baby Jesus all he wore was an adult dipaer & a blaket. We took a few pictures before the race and then the race was on.

The race started and I was the first guys from our group out of the gate and I was in the lead of our group until about mile & half when the guys caught me and then passed me for the rest of the race. I thought that I was going to beat this guys cause I beat them last year but this year wasn't the case. The guys came in together in third place then I came in at 22:00 even for the 5K. I can say that this year I beat the girls in the race & one of the girls as a 2-time DIII XC Nationals Runner. Also, this year my mom as ran the race & got the time of 32:01. My mom wanted to run in the race last year but had to deal with my Aunt & her only sister who had Colon Cancer dying, so that is why she couldn't run last year. The two year that I ran in the race I would say that I was going to wear a Christmas costume and then I didn't but next I will wear a VChristmas Costume so that I can try to win the costume contest.

My next race in hopefully Jan. 6th, Oshkosh Alumni Meet if Coach Paul Brown will let me run in the meet or I will start my season out on Jan. 14th Stevens Point Alumni Meet, which I know I will be able to get into that meet

No comments:

Post a Comment