Saturday, December 3, 2011

Firstt Indoor Track Meet

Today I had my first indoor track Meet of the season at UW-Milwaukee. It was the UW-Milwaukee Tune-Up Mee and I ran in the 3K. For those who don't know the 3K is 15 laps on an indoor track. The UW-Milwaukee Tune-Up Meet is a meet open to anyone high school, college and/or after college/ club runners. In my race, the 3K, I was youngest guy in the race but there was a girl that was younger than me in the race. They combined the men's & women's 3k so there was six guys and one women. I had one of my best races of the year, so far. This year for me has been the year of prs cause I have pred in every race that I have ran. In the race the guy who was ahead of me got a time of 11:07 and I got 11:26, a 4 second pr. Also, in most of my race I usally get a song stuck in my head by this time I didn't I had Wisconsin Runner's Elliott Krause's & Indiana Runner's Andy Weatherford's voices in my head & they were say the whole time if you don't get under 11:30 in the 3K I won't give you my singlet & I thought that was weird. Also, I didn't wear my Greater Milwaukee Track Club singlet which I wear all the time when I race, I wore my Florida State aka #tallytakeover autograph singlet & I think a change hepled me focus on my 3K race and get my pr. All in all it was a great day to race. Next time I will be blogging about my next race, The Santa Run 5K and it is a road race

No comments:

Post a Comment