Monday, January 9, 2012

The 10th Interview: Wisconsin's Own Mike Brice Interview

The 10th Interview is about One of the guys from the DI XC National Champs, Wisconsin and he is Mike Brice

1. How did you get started in running?
I began running in 7th grade after my parents talked to me about running. After one track season I realized that running is what I wanted to pursue and began to focus solely on cross country and track once I entered high school.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
I think explaining what runners do and why they do it is one of the more difficult questions that distance runners face. I think it is different for each athlete, but for me it comes down to enjoying competition and trying to get better every day.

3. What are you current PR's?
My current pr's are 30:30 in the 10k and 14:45 in the 5k.


4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
Being a student-athlete is certainly a challenge that is faced by athletes of all sports. I think distance running is particularly difficult due to having three seasons of competition, but I also think that it has been a part of my life for so long that I have become use to doing everything else around my training schedule.
 

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
My favorite distance runners are Tim Hacker and Chris Solinsky. Both are Wisconsin natives and Badger alumni that I have looked up to since I was a child. 


6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
The worst thing about distance running is the daily grind that everyone must go throught if they are trying to improve. This, however, has a lot to do with the best thing which is the close friends that are made with the indivduals who chase these goals with you.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
 My favorite moment of my running career was winning the national championship this cross country season. It was an incredible experience and will never be forgotten.


8. Goal in 2012?
My goal for this year is to keep getting better. I think this was a great year, but something that I need to build off of in the future.

I hope you guys are liking this interviews and there is more interviews on the way

No comments:

Post a Comment