Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Carthage Invite

Last Friday Jan. 27th, I had my third indoor track at Carthage Invite. I ran the 3K at Carthage Invite. The 3K was the second event of the night right after the DMR, Distance Medly Relay. The 3K was afun race for that night cause I run for Greater Milwaukee Track Club, GMTC, & coach at Carroll University and got to run against two of my distance runners from Carroll Univeristy that I coach, Mark Hackett & Chris Behling & my GMTC club member James Strauss. Before the race I had a friend rivaly with Mark Hackett cause our seed time were close to each other. During the race I was last place like always but I felt like I was running better than I ever had and I thought to myself I might get a new pr in the 3K. Also, during the race as Mark Hackett was lapping my in the 3K he slap me on the butt and wasn't eccepting that I was just focus on the race. During the home straight away I saw that the time clock said 11:09 & I thought I am getting a pr and I could maybe get a 4 second pr of a time of 11:16 some I tried to push myself to get that 11:16 but I already was pushing myself to the limit and I didn't get a 11:16 but I did get a pr of 11:19. It was a one second pr but a pr none the less. Also, during the race I was surprised by Jay Sparks, who I help assitant coach at Carroll University was timing me and yell out my split every lap cause usally I have to count how many lap left I have and don't really know what my time is cause my GMTC coach usally doesn't time me in the 3K and/or 5K. I am so proud of my pr that I am hoping that I will get another pr this week at UW-Stevens Point Invite in the 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment