Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The 12th Interview: The Great Steeplechaser Kyle Perry Interview

The 12th Interview is about about a great Steeplechaser Kyle Perry.

1. How did you get started in running?
I got my start in running in highschool when I couldn't ride my bike in the winter due to snow so I started running to train for biking. Then I met a cute girl on the team and had to stick around. 
2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
people who don't get our sport I say it gets a lot better after consistent training... And it's the competition aspect I like. Running is as much or more a sport of improving yourself rather than beating someone else. Also running is more friendly than other sports. We're all part of the running family.


3. What are you current PR's?
my current Prs are
Mile 3:59.16
3k 7:51.28
Steeple 8:29.25
5k 13:34

4. How did you get started in Steeplechasing?
I got started in steeple chase because my college teammate josh Mcadams was so good at it and I wanted to be like him.


5. How different is Professional Distance Running Then College Running, for you?
professional running is different than college because it's more about pleasing the sponsor than improving and chipping away at the pr. I liked college a lot more and think I may go sponsor free for a while to make running more of my release from work than my work

6. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
my favorite runners are josh Mcadams, he's always been a friend and motivator, chris solinsky. He is as nice a guy as anyone I've met and he's amazing. Miles Batty is a friend and impresses me with how hard work always pays more dividends then talent.

7. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
the worst part about being a distance runner is injury. I am currently recovering from knee surgery from an injury that made my 2011 miserable. I'm excited to get back Into the competitive mix.


8. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
favorite moment of my career was winning my prelim heat of the 2009 NCAA championships and having my teammate rich Nelson win heat 2. We were suddenly sure that we could run with anyone in the country and it led to my championship but the prelim was so fun cause it's always better to share success with a close friend


9. Goals for 2012?
my goals for 2012 are first.... Bouncing back from knee surgery, running fast enough to make the trials, and then give it a shot for London. Baby steps for now.

Another amazing Interview by another Professional Distance Runner/Steeplechaser

1 comment:

  1. Good web site! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I've subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!
    Zipvit ZV7 Energy Gel - Banana (Box of 24)

    ReplyDelete