Sunday, January 15, 2012

First Official Indoor Race & Pr

I had my first official indoor track meet this weekend, Sat. Jan. 14th, Point Alumni Meet and I ran in the 3K. The 3K was the longest race of the meet and I say the long the race on the track the better. The first heat of the 3K was full of Steven Point Runners and I was in the second heat with 12 men running the 3K in that heat. I knew that I was the slowest runner of the heat so I had to make up ground right from the beginning and I did I held them off until 10 laps left to go before they passed aka laped me then I was running on my own and in my own race. I felt fast for until I got to 3 laps left I went faster then I thought cause the last three laps felt like 1 lap cause I was going faster and faster. In my mind, I thought, there is no way that I could get under 11:30 but I did. At UW-Milwaukee Tune-Up Meet I did the 3K and I got a pr of 4 seconds and the time of 11:26 so I thought I was going to go backward to 11:30 but I didn't I got a 6 second pr, 11:20. After I hear that I was telling everyone that I got a 6 second pr and I felt like Ryan Hall after got second place at Olympic Marathon Trials earlier. I just wanted to thank everyone who was cheering for me like my Greater Milwaukee Track Club Members, Amy & Nick Fix, and the Steven Point Distance Guys, my bros/family. Also, I ran this race for my fellow cat, Mark Mitchell and also for one of the reason that I run long runs and races, Ryan Hall. Next week I am at UW-Whitewater running in the 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment