Wednesday, January 25, 2012

UW-Whitewater Invite

This past Saturday I had my second indoor track meet of the year, UW-Whitewater Invite at UW-Whitewater. I ran in two events the 3K & the 5K. When the week started out the 5k was to be at the start of the meet and the 3K at the end of the meet, but as the week rolled along there become two sections of the 3K for both the men and the women became an event at the start of the meet. The meet start out with section 2 of the 3K for the women and then the men, where I got a time of 11:42. I thought I would be faster in the 3K but my legs knew that I still had to run the 5K in less then an hour. I race at 10:45 am for the 3K. Then it was the Distance Medley Relay (DMR) and then it was the 5K, women were up first then I the men were up in 5K at 12:05. My heat of the 5K was to be at 11:45 but the DMR took longer so I got about a little more time to rest. During the 5K I just wanted to get a good time knowing that I just ran the 3K about an hour earlier. In the 5K I want to have a fast time so I tried to race fast but then that happened I was still to get a little dizzy, if I start to get dizzy I know that I might have a seziure and I did want that so I backed off a little bit. During the 5K I wanted to fin the middle ground between going to fast and going to slow and I couldn't find that middle ground so in the race I though to myself if I am just faster then 21 minutes I will be happy and I got a time of 20:27. I am think about ran the 3K & 5K in two more indoor track meet and I hope that I don't have to run the 3K & 5K within an hour of each other. My next meet is Carhage Invite where I will be running the 3K and helping coach/time Carroll Distance Runners in the 5K, Mile, 800, & women's 3K

No comments:

Post a Comment