Sunday, January 22, 2012

The 20th Interview: Ben Marks Interview

The 20th Interview is about  Ben Marks

1. How did you get started in running?
I got strarted in running after I started helping out the Men's track team at UW-Oshkosh and decieded that I wanted to try my first ever 5K race freshman year of college. I have been hooked on running since

 2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?

I tell that it's a way of life. Other people do not get other sports. Its a sport that anyone can try and you do not need to be the best or fastest runner out there. You could be the average runner like me

3. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
I am not a college distance runner. But I asked Derek what he though about interviewing the average runner and he thought it was a great idea. I do coach at a local high school and also help the UW-Oshkosh track team. But how do I manage my time with running, coaching, and being a college student. I wake up early to get my running/work out in that way I do not have to worry about it later in the day.


4. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
Ryan Hall and Josh Cox because when they are down they look at all the positive things they have in their life

5. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
The best thing about being a distance runner would be that I have found a sport that I never would of thought I would of liked till I came to Oshkosh. The worst thing about distance running is running in cold weather I hate it.

6. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
My favorite moment for my running career would be finishing the Chicago Marathon.


7. Goals for 2012?
My goals for 2012 are I would like to run under 1 hour 45minutes for my half marathon and 4 hours for my full marathon


No comments:

Post a Comment