Thursday, January 12, 2012

The 14th Interview: Anthony Solis Interview

This is 14th Interview and it is about Anthony Solis and he is an elite distance runner for adidas-Legacy Run Racing training in Southern California. He's recovering from a minor sports hernia and is getting ready to roll this track season.

1. How did you get started in running?
I got started my freshman year of High School to prove to my dad I could be a better runner than he was, and I've just stuck with it ever since.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?

I just tell people that I do this for the pure competition aspect of it. It feels great to go out and compete against other athletes that are working their asses off as well.
3. What are you current PR's?
My current PR's are 14:20 for 5k(2010), and 29:38 for 10k(2011). But those will drop drastically this track season I guarantee it.

4. How different is Professional Distance Running Then College Running, for you?
I wouldn't consider my professional just yet, but being considered an "Elite" when you enter races is pretty cool. But I say the biggest difference is being able to put your runs and workouts in on your own schedule. Also being able to accept prize money from races is a big difference.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
I've looked up to Meb since I first started running and have always enjoyed watching his races. I'd also have to say Charlie Serrano and Jimmy Grabow, who are teammates of mine for adidas-Legacy Run Racing. You can catch them at the Trials this weekend!

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
I say the best part would have to be the friends that you make throughout the years, and finding out that younger runners actually look up to you. The worst thing is definitely the post tempo "runs" because my stomach is always jacked up after.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
My favorite moment of my career this far would have to be representing Team USA at the 2009 Jr Pan Am games with Parker Stinson and everyone else who made that team.
 

8. Goals for 2012?
Goals for 2012 are: Sub 29:00min 10k, sub 14min 5k, 64:30 1/2Marathon. And of course getting a qualifying time for the Oly Trials in the 10k would be icing on the cake.
I am hoping you guys are loving the Professional/College Distance Runner Interviews as much as I am

No comments:

Post a Comment