Thursday, January 12, 2012

The 17th Interview: My Best Bro Drew Shields Interview

The 17th Interview is my best bro Drew Shields. I love tis guy more than a bro he is like family to me.

1. How did you get started in running?
I got started in 8th grade when was at the time playing basketball and baseball and ran track to see what that was about. Ended up having the most success in the distance races so I stuck with those, then i played football my freshman year in high school, and somehow talked myself into running track again in the spring, had some more success and decided to dedicate myself to the sport.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
when the gun goes off, whoever gets to the finish line first wins. It's not too complicated.

3. What are you current PR's?
1500- 347, 3k steeple- 849, 3k flat- 805

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
It's tough, just have to realize sacrifices must be made, and they are usually made so the education side gets the short end of the stick over running. Usually it's not a huge problem though


5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
It's always awesome watching Wisconsin Alums doing well.


6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best thing- The camaraderie of the team with common goal. I'm a very competitive person so it's nice to be able to still be competing at this level. 

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
winning the NCAA title this past fall.

That is the best moment ever

8. Goals for 2012?
Make D-Rubis proud.

Drew you already make me proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment