Monday, December 3, 2012

34th Interview DIII Sprinter Cooper Witt (Part 3 of a 3-Parter)

This interview of DIII Carroll University Sprinter Cooper Witt. This interview is part 3 of a 3-parter of 3 interviews of only sprinters that I will interview.

1. How did you get started in running?
I did track for the first time in 7th grade just to see what it was all about. I was always up for trying different sports.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of running?
Getting into the blocks for a big race is just as a big of an adrenaline rush as anything else out there.

3. What are your current PR's?
60m: 7.06, 100m: 10.77, 200: 21.96

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college runner?
Sports have actually always helped me do better with school, I have a lot less free time to waste being unproductive when I have practice and meets all the time.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college runner(s) past and/or present & why?
I love Usain Bolt, he's always a blast to watch and brings some light-hearted fun to a pretty serious sport. Tyson Gay is my other favorite, his work ethic is one of the best out there.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a runner?
Best: Sprinting is easily my favorite stress reliever.
Worst: Shin splints.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your running career?
All the people I've met over the years throughout high school and now college. Hanging out before and after races you get to meet some pretty great people and just talk about random stuff.
8. Goals for 2013?
Just to work as hard as I can, leave everything on the track, and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment