Saturday, December 8, 2012

64th Interview Syracuse's Andrew Palmer

The 6th Interview is about Syracuse's own Andrew Palmer
1. How did you get started in running?
I got started in running as an freshman in high school. My older brother was a senior on the cross country team so I decided I would try out for the team. I was planning on playing basketball in the winter, but really liked running after the fall so have been doing it ever since.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
A lot of times people don't understand the details about distance running but they have a lot of respect for what we do because they know how much work it takes to be successful.

3. What are you current PR's?
3k-8:15 5k-14:21

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
I would say that the most important part about being a college student and a distance runner is balancing your time. You need to make sure that you take care of your work at a reasonable time so that you can get to bed at a good time. Sometimes you have to make a choice whether to study a little extra for a test or get to bed on time.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
My favorite college distance runners are all my syracuse teammates especially Joe Whelan Forrest Misenti Jon Squeri and Marty Hehir (congrats on winning Big East). Kyle Heath and Matthew Centrowitz are my favorite pro runners. Kyle he is a Syracuse Alum and a great steepler and Matthew because were both from Maryland and I got to be in some of the same races as him when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior. Chris Fox is my favorite professional runner from the past.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
 Best thing about running is the feeling you get cooling down with your teammates after you have all run a good race.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
 My favorite moment of my distance running career would have to be winning the team title at Big East Cross Country this year. It was something we had been looking to win since last fall and it really meant a lot for us to win the last title before leaving for the ACC.

8. Goals for 2013?
In 2013 I would really like to break 14:00 indoors, and make a successful steeple debut outdoors. Maybe you could teach me a thing or two about the steeple?

I think I could

No comments:

Post a Comment