Thursday, December 6, 2012

58th Interview Marquette's Jack Senefeld

my 58th Interview is about Marquette's own Jack Senefeld, one great guy and member of the #BEARDTC
1. How did you get started in running?
A good friend of mine (Zach) convinced me to begin running cross country when I was a freshman in high school. To this day, any running goal that I accomplish Zach will take credit for.
2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
I tell them to follow you (Derek) on Twitter, then they’ll understand distance running.
3. What are you current PR's?
1500- 3:54, 3K- 8:21, 5K- 14:34, and 200m- 24.4 (hand timed)
4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
To be honest, I don’t know how I would be a college student without being a distance runner. If I didn’t have the opportunity to blow off steam on runs and “bro out” in the locker room, I don’t know what I would do. But becoming aware of where you spend your time is essential in college athletics. I keep a closer eye on how I budget my time than how I budget my wallet…

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
Chris Solinsky is my favorite professional runner. I have known Chris since I began running and he has always been an inspiration to me. He is just a down to Earth, Stevens Point kind of guy.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best thing: Running down the center line on an empty road when it’s snowing too much for cars to be out
Worst thing: Having to “relieve” yourself in the woods when there are no leaves on the trees…

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
Winning the WIAA cross-country team state title my senior year. Can’t ask for anything more in running than to win in the post-season with your teammates.

8. Goals for 2013?
Biggest goal is to be healthy for the entire year, I haven’t done that since I have been in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment