Tuesday, December 4, 2012

45th Interview National XC Team Championship Oklahoma State's Shane Moskowitz

This interview is about one runner from Oklahoma State 2012 DI National XC Team, Shane Moskowitz. I love this guy like a bro.

1. How did you get started in running?
 I started running in the 7th grade after trial and error in many other sports. I really was not athletic when I was younger so I failed in baseball and basketball and found out that I was decent at running so I stuck with it.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
There's not much you can do to convince people to enjoy the sport. I feel like it's a personal preference. The only thing I can say is that when they start the sport I can assure them that they will be addicted for life.

3. What are you current PR's?
4:04 (mile) 3:44 (1500m) 8:07 (3000m) 14:26 (5000m)

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
There definitely has to be balance which I can honestly say I'm not the best at handling. But I feel like when your in class you need to be focused on school and when you are on the road grinding out the miles you should put school in the back of your mind.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
I would say ritzenhein from for his high school days! The guy was a beast. And then of course my man German Fernandez who I can say is the most humble elite distance runner I have ever met.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Worst has to be the way my feet now look hah. Best is the sensation you feel after a big win or PR

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
 I have never been more excited than after winning the national title 2 weeks ago.

I think this is the best moment & memory ever in my book

8. Goals for 2013?
Win another team title, and lower all my personal bests and hopefully qualify for nats outdoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment