Tuesday, December 4, 2012

46th Interview Oklahoma State Univeristy's Korey Krotzer

This interview is of Stanford's Kenny Krotzer's little brother, Korey Krotzer

1. How did you get started in running?
My journey in running began after watching my brother, Kenny, run middle school track. I really look up to Kenny.

You and me both look up your brother Kenny for different running reasons

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
There's not much I can say if someone doesn't get it. I can't describe the feeling this sport gives me in any amount of sentences.

3. What are you current PR's?
4:10 mile, 9:01 3200

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
It's tough being a student-athlete but my coach, Dave Smith, makes it easier to balance running and school with mandatory study hall and putting an emphasis on school studies.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
My favorite professional runners are German Fernandez and Chris Derrick because I looked up to them when they were collegiate runners and its cool to see them live the dream every runner has. OH and my boy J-Mack, representing Bill Sumner!

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best: Friendship
Worst: Pressure

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
Watching my team win NCAAs. Its strange how in a few short months, this team has become more than just a team and watching my brothers lay it all out for their team is a beautiful thing.

8. Goals for 2013?
I don't usually make official goals, but I want to challenge the 3:4-low range in the 1500, make the USA national team in xc and track, and contribute on the OSU nationals squad for 2013 XC

No comments:

Post a Comment