Monday, December 3, 2012

My 32nd Interview: DIII Sprinter Nick Nelson (Part 1 of a 3-parter sprinter interview)

My 32nd Interview is aout DIII Carroll University Sprinter Nick "Nelly Nel" Nelson. This is part 1 of a 3 parter of three interviews of 3 DIII Carroll University Sprinters and the only sprinters I will interview for this blog.


1. How did you get started in running?
I started in middle school as a way to get in shape for football and it just kind of evolved into a thing of its own.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of running?
There's nothing to tell em, they'll just never get it!

3. What are you current PR's?
400m, my main event, is 52.15. 200m is 23.8.

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college runner?
It actually hasn't been too bad, just always make sure you're budgeting you're time.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college runner(s) past and/or present & why?
I was always a big fan of Jeremy Wariner being a 400 runner, and Ashton Eaton put in two amazing performances at the trials and Olympics.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a running?
Best: I've never seen the freshman -15
Worst: waking up early for some of the farthest meets.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your running career?
Just being able to continue running here at Carroll

8. How different is Sprinting vs. Distance Running in Track & Field for you?
I tried 800's for the past year and a half with pretty limited success, but it did teach me some valuable things about mindset when you're in pain in a workout or race. That's something I'll definitely put to good use this year as I drop back down to the 200/400m range.

9. Goals for 2013?
Runnings always been something I've done simply because I love it and not because I'm some "stud" but I'd really like to see a 50.x this year and how workouts have been going I'm feeling great about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment