Saturday, December 8, 2012

61st Interview Notre Dame's Jeff MacMillan

This interview is about Notre Dame's own Jeff MacMillan

1. How did you get started in running?
I started running because my 8th grade soccer coach told me I was too small to play, so I decided to give running a shot because when I met the guys on the cross country team it seemed like a great group of guys and then it would be a lot of fun.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
Usually I end up telling people that I can't exactly put into words what it means to be a distance runner, but it's just part of who I am and it's something I just love to do.

3. What are you current PR's?
Mile-4:16, 3k-8:33 (but I ran 8:22 in practice a few weeks ago), 5k-14:16 (definitely my best distance).

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
Sometimes it is definitely hard to balance athletics and academics, but it's just something I've gotten used to over the years. I have to be very efficient with my time so that I am able to finish my schoolwork without sacrificing any of my training.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
One of my current favorite runners is definitely Dathan Ritzenhein, since he is from Michigan. Overall, Pre is definitely my favorite runner of all time, because his overall attitude towards running is the attitude I strive to have in my running career.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best thing-Teammates
Worst thing-Having a bad race

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
Well this doesn't involve me, but watching our DMR team win indoor NCAAs last year was unbelievably awesome. But for me, running at Regionals and Nationals this year while the rest of our team was cheering like madmen for us was pretty awesome as well.

8. Goals for 2013?
Sub 14:00 in the 5k, go to regionals and then see what happens there-I just want to end my running career on a high note!

No comments:

Post a Comment