Monday, December 3, 2012

36th Interview Northern Arizona's Matt McElroy

As you can see my 36th Interview is about Northern Arizona's Matt McElroy


1. How did you get started in running?
I started running in 5th grade because I wanted to win my elementary schools Jogathon

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
 I tell people that distance runnings is a very self fulfilling sport.

3. What are you current PR's?
5k: 14:08 10k: 30:20

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
I normally only take about 12 units just so i can get extra sleep and focus on school. I pay the price when I take summer classes though!

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
my favorite runner is probably Kirubel Erassa and German Fernandez, anytime you put those two in a room someone ends up getting hurt.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
worst thing about running is getting injured. The best thing about college running that everyone will tell you this is per diem, aka "make it rain." I think traveling and meeting people from different schools is pretty exciting

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
Ow man this is hard! It goes between getting 2nd at Footlocker, winning a National Championships at Oklahoma state and this years 4th place finish for Northern Arizona.

8. Goals for 2013?
Hopefully make indoor nationals and finally run fast outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment