Monday, December 3, 2012

The 41st Interview Drew Butler, University of Arkansas Distance Runner

41st Interview is Drew Butler from University Of Arkansas

1. How did you get started in running?
I got started in running in junior high because I thought it would help me make the basketball team. I never made the team but I did find an enjoyment for the sport of running

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
I would tell them that they should give it a try because it is a great form of fitness

3. What are you current PR's?
800 1:48.65 1200 2:56 1500: 3:52 Mile: 4:06 (split)

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
I try and focus on getting what I need to get done for school early so that it doesn't get in the way of running

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
My favorite college distance runner is Reed Connor who was a high school team mate of mine and a great source of inspiration for what hard work can do for an athlete

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best part of running is definitely the camaraderie amongst teammates who become like family

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
Favorite moment of my career was the 2009 nike outdoor national meet, or perhaps the 2010 ncaa indoor meet, both meets stand out for good performances shared with teammates

8. Goals for 2013?
My goals include pr'ing in every event and making nationals in the dmr and as an individual indoors and outdoors. I also hope to win an individual conference title, and have the team win the indoor national meet in Fayetteville

No comments:

Post a Comment