Tuesday, December 4, 2012

52nd Interview The Sexy Riley Master

This interview is of Univeristy of Oklahoma's Sexy Riley Master

1. How did you get started in running?
 I started running my freshman year of High School. I got cut from the baseball team and decided to give track a shot. Honestly, I wasn't very good at all when I started running. My best 2 mile time after my freshman year was 12:30ish.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
  I can't say I have bumped into too many people who don't understand distance running. Most people can relate to it because they ran the mile in gym class or something like that. Comparing mile times with people who don't run is always fun.

3. What are you current PR's?
My most notable PR would be 3:37 in the 1500.

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
Budgeting your time well is helpful when it comes to training and going to school at the same time. Sometimes as a student and runner you have to make some sacrifices to make sure you can keep up with both your training and school work.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
I had the privilege of meeting Dick Beardsley last summer and he really inspired me. I would encourage all runners to learn about his story.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
The best part about running, for me, has to be the friendships I have made. Running is a unique sport where you can be fiercely competitive with someone on the track and then their best friend off the track. You don't see that in a lot of other sports.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
My favorite memory from my running career is the moment I broke 4 minutes for the first time. I can't explain the different emotions that cast over you when you break it but it is a feeling that I will always remember.

8. Goals for 2013?
Get face-in-the-holed a few more times.

Oh you will, Buddy/Bros For Life

No comments:

Post a Comment