Tuesday, December 4, 2012

53rd Interview DIII UW-oshkosh's Jake Hansen

This interview is about one of my Lil' Bros, UW-Oshkosh's own Jake Hansen. He is a Running "Killer".

1. How did you get started in running?
I was going to play football in high school, but realized after the first day of practice that 4 ft 10 in (90lbs)was not large enough. So i tried Cross country. The rest is history.

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
I tell them that it's the original sport.It requires mor hard work, time, and commitment than any other sport offered at the collegiate level.

3. What are you current PR's?
Current PRs mile 4:27 5k 15:38 800 1:58.2

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
It can be tough at times. Practicing 3 hours a day is alot of time. Cramming all your classes in before 3:00 can be tricky, but it comes with the territory

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
I'd say Jordan McNamara and Chris Solinsky are my favorite male elite athletes. I have a very un-healthy obsession with Kara Goucher as well. My favorite collegiate runner is Steven Stasek from the UWO squad.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best thing about it is the feeling you get when you cross the finish line after a PR performance. The worst thing,in my opinion, is being injured

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
My favorite moment of my distance career was probably my DNF last year at the Lawrence invitational. I had a bit of a collision with a tree. You can't replicate those kinds of experiences. It's something I can never live down, so might as well embrace it

8. Goals for 2013?
Stay Healthy. Run Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment