Tuesday, December 4, 2012

43rd Interview University of Colorado's Jake Hurysz

This interview is of one hell of a distance runner University of Colorado's own Jake Hurysz

1. How did you get started in running?
I got started running sophomore year in track. I played basketball and soccer prior to running. Started cross country my junior year of high school

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
I tell people that they don't have to understand what we do, and I can't explain why I do it. Just a certain love for achieving goals

3. What are you current PR's?
1500: 3:42 3000: 8:01 5000: 13:38

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
I have to plan my studying around my sleeping schedule. I try not to let school be much of a burden on training. It's definitely a challenge but also well worth it

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
my favorite distance runner is Rob Watson because he runs a sweet blog. Jenny DeDouchet is my favorite middle distance runner. Also Billy Nelson and the rest of my teammates at CU.

Billy Nelson aka our Steeplechase Coach, Coach Yelawolf, is an amazing pick for favorite Distance Runner

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
 the worst thing about being a distance runner is dealing with constant nagging injuries. A lot of fellow distance runners would agree.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
my favorite moment was winning the pac 12 championship this fall in LA. Our team was really focused on the goal all year and it was great to see things come together

8. Goals for 2013?
goals would be to lower my PRs and learn how to race tactically and work on my closing speed a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment