Saturday, December 8, 2012

62nd Interview Graham Thomas

This interview is of New Mexico's Graham Thomas

1. How did you get started in running?
My dad was running about 50 miles a week when I was younger. Sometimes I would go run with and eventually I ran some 5ks and he noticed I had some decent talent

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
It's a sport for the mentally strong. If you can't deal with the pain than its not for you
3. What are you current PR's?
I haven't broken a PR since high school but this indoor & outdoor season I will definitely
1500m 4:15
1600m 4:23
800m 1:59

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
For me it is fairly easy. It's all about keeping a balance between the two.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
Right now its Elmar Engholm because I spend everyday with him and I see how good he is. Matt Centrowitz is my favorite Pro runner. He is the best tactical runner out there right now.

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
The best thing about running is the amazing people you meet and and being able to break new barriers and push yourself.
7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
For the moment is making the UNM team coming from a small rural area.
8. Goals for 2013?
I want to break all my PRs. Run a 8:45 in the 3k. Go to Junior Nats and make it to Worlds in Poland in March

No comments:

Post a Comment