Thursday, December 20, 2012

70th Interview UCLA's David McDonald

my 70th Interview is about UCLA's own David McDonald
1. How did you get started in running?
I started running Track as a freshman in high school, but i played football until my sophomore year. After getting hurt in track my coach suggested i run Cross Country. When Junior year came around I joined Cross and became a full time runner (Besides when i wrestled in the winter).

2. What do you tell people that don't get our sport of distance running?
It's hard to explain to people that aren't runners why we do what we do but, I try to tell them that its a Sport in the purest form. You get out of it what you put into it and you can make it as serious or as relaxed as you want.

3. What are you current PR's?
3k steeple: 8:59
flat 3k : 8:20
XC 8k: 24:06
10k: 30:14

4. How do you manage being a college student with being a college distance runner?
I always make sure to get the little things done when I have time to. Whether its studying or running a double in between classes, I take advantage of every break i have. Its much easier with awesome teammates that are always there to help.

5. Who are your favorite professional and/or college distance runner(s) past and/or present & why?
Anthony "FAM" Famiglietti cause he's one tough mother and my Coach, Forest "The Boise Bruiser" Braden. For the exact same reason!

6. Best or Worst thing about being a distance running?
Best thing about being a distance runner is being able to eat whatever i want when I am running 100 mile weeks.

7. Your Favorite Moment of your distance running career?
My favorite moment of my career was post season this cross season. Pac 12's all the way to nationals was an amazing 3 weeks and I've never had so much fun.

8. Goals for 2013?
I just want to end my career satisfied and knowing I did everything i could to help my team. A big steeple PR would be nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment